Visual Development Artist
Spain, Comunidad de Madrid, MadridArt
The SPA Studios, the Award-winning Feature Animation Studio is looking for a Visual Development Artist who would work with us on our new exciting animated movie “Ember”.
“Ember” is a 2D feature animation that challenges the traditional way of making animated movies. Help us on this journey and join our team in Madrid if you fit these requirements
- Designing locations (mostly natural environment) and props
- Translating script, storyboards and vocal descriptions into functional sketches and color designs
- Delivering concept art packages for Layout, Background and 3D departments
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
At least 3 years of professional experience in animation , video games or VFX industries.
Profiency in English.
- Being comfortable with adjusting to the graphic and stylized look of the project
- Understanding design, composition, light and color
- Ability to work effectively with rough sketches as well as fully refined concept art
- Finding visual solutions and designs that serve the story narration
- Ability to work with a team as well as being autonomous when it’s required
- Delivering materials within the deadlines and through multiple iterations
- Working with Adobe Photoshop
- Basic knowledge of Blender is a plus
- Availble to work on-site at the SPA studios in Madrid, Spain.